Compton Roleplay !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compton Roleplay !

Compton Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LSPD Handbook [Read before Apply]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeerJesus

DeerJesus

LSPD Handbook [Read before Apply] Empty
PostSubject: LSPD Handbook [Read before Apply]   LSPD Handbook [Read before Apply] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:26 pm

LSPD Handbook

Contents

1. Introduction
2. To the Public
3. To Applicants
4. To Cadets
5. To Officers
6. Crime and Punishment

Introduction

This handbook is a resource for the public and police staff. It contains information on codes, standard practices, policies, ethics and laws.

To the Public

The police are here to prevent crime, uphold the law and serve the public. If you’re a criminal, watch out. If you are committing crimes on this server you will be hunted down and arrested/fined/imprisoned. We are here to keep the public safe. We are also here to help, so if you see a police officer and you are lost or need some sort of assistance we will try and help you out as best we can, or point you in the right direction.

1) Calling the Police:

If you are in need of police in the event of an emergency use /call 911. As soon as you say “Police” you will be put through to Police Communications. (( a little green marker will be placed on the map for police to respond )) The call taker will ask for a short description of the crimes being committed and then who the offenders are, If they are not known to you simply say no.
If you are being shot at or you simply don’t have time to type keyboard mash and we will treat it as a priority one call.
If you can, after calling the Police, remain in the same spot that you made the call from, that is where the officers will be dispatched to and they may wish to ask you a few questions.

Prank 911 Calls are treated as a serious matter and you can be arrested for it.

2) Encountering the Police:

This section covers what to do when you come face to face with the police. Please remember this is a Roleplay server. It makes things a lot easier when you comply with the police. There will be consequences for those that don’t.

Firstly, if a Police officer signals you to pull over by using his lights and sirens, you pull over immediately to the SIDE of the road and step out of the vehicle. If you don’t it is a serious charge and you will be sent to jail. Police may stop you at any time for any reason.
They may be checking you for your drivers license, or they maybe wanting to speak with you in regards to a crime that has been committed and so on. If a Police Officer signals you to stop, you must stop. (( Its much appreciated when you role play too ))

If you see blue and red flashing lights, move out of the way, do not make it hard for the police to get through otherwise you may be charged with obstructing police

In saying this, if you feel you are being harassed by a Police Officer, i.e. pulls you over more than 3 times in 5 minutes when no crimes have been committed or other silly behavior, then report it. If someone is being a dick in character, deal with it in character. Send a complaint to the Police Complaints Authority. There our admins will conduct an external enquiry into the conduct of the Police and will deal with it accordingly.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE OFFICER!!! If the officer tells you to step out of the vehicle, you get out of that vehicle, if he says to show him your license, show him you damn license. This will make things easier for you, you won’t be arrested, and the officer can get on with better work.
If you have committed a serious offence, and the police have come to get you, compliance with the police will always be taken into consideration

“Hey why have I been tazed that’s not fair” The taze command works on the person who is closest to the officer, if you are not the offender, then it was not intended for you and it is an accident, harden up you don’t lose health.

“Hey what I’ve been detained” If you commit a crime, you will be detained and charges may follow. If you have not, it may be for your own safety and you may be temporarily detained.

“Hey I was only helping” Whilst we appreciate help where possible, it also gets in our way. So don’t be nosy and interfere

3) To Applicants:

This sections covers information on what it takes to become a police officer.

Communication:

All Police Officers are required to communicate with professionalism, basically if you TLK LIEK DIS U AINT GTN IN! You don’t have to spell every word correctly however you must at least try. Don’t talk like you’re a retard otherwise you will be treated like one and probably kicked of the server.

Interaction:

Being a good citizen, not getting yourself in trouble with the police and reporting crimes are a good way to get you in the good books with us. We also have community patrols that are a volunteer group that are the eyes and ears for the police. This is a great way to start a Policing career.

Once you have had your police application accepted you will have to complete three ride alongs.
The ride-along stage is where the Police Officer will assess you on your suitability for the Police. This is also your chance to see whether you are cut out for being a Police Officer.

Ride Alongs (SCOPE)

1) Contact a police officer once you have been accepted, contact him via sms. If the officer does not get back to you he may be quite busy and may get back to you later. Best time is when the server is quiet.

2) Follow the officer’s instructions carefully and fully. Do exactly what they say. This will usually be “stay in the car” and “don’t get involved”. This will be because it is too dangerous or there is confidential information involved. Alternatively the officer may ask you to speak with the victim or keep an eye on the offender. You will be judged on how you deal with the situation.

3) Do not do anything illegal whilst on SCOPE. This is a great way to kiss your policing career good bye. This includes being in possession of illegal weapons/drugs. Drop them before you come to SCOPE.

4) SCOPE, like everything else, is in character. The officer will stop for a bit to chat with you about why you want to be a police officer, your history etc.

Rules And Regulations

1) ROLEPLAY – YOU MUST ROLEPLAY OR GET FIRED

2) No cheap shit: Chicken running, car park killing, blade killing, rush-tazing or mace in gunfight, exploiting bugs.

3) Ventrillo names, forum names must be the same as your game name

4) If a criminal actually co-operates, take this into consideration and go easier on him i.e. give him bail.

5) NEVER SHOOT FIRST, if someone shoots you then you shoot back. Do not initiate a gun fight ever.

IC Rules:

1) Behave in a professional manner AT ALL TIMES

2) Drive carefully, do not drive at insanely high speeds without using your vehicles warning systems (lights and sirens)

3) If you cause an accident make sure to apologise.

4) Don’t harass the public for the hell of it, remember, police are here to protect them, not muscle em around

Force Continuum:

ALWAYS FOLLOW THIS RULE WHEN DEALING WITH NON-COMPLIANT OFFENDERS. USE EQUAL OR LESSER FORCE.
Never shoot a running suspect, chase after him. Weapons are only to protect yourself or someone else, never to catch someone.

Offender vs Police

Fleeing = Tazer
Hands = Tazer / Hands / Mace
Blunt Weapon i.e. bat = Tazer / Baton / Mace
Firearm / Knife / Vehicle = Firearm (LETHAL FORCE)

NEVER EVER EVER TAZE IN A GUN FIGHT. IT CAN COST YOU YOUR JOB, IF SOMEONE SHOOTS AT YOU SHOOT BACK

Rush-Tazing is:

1) Tazing Whilst in a gun fight (when someone is shooting at you), you can taze as soon as they turn around and start running.

Training:

You will go through a lot of on the job training however it is important for you to learn these essential commands. A commissioned officer will go through these with you anyway.

Firstly, and most importantly, when you spawn make sure you go to the locker room at the pd and go on duty. Type /lspd in the locker room to bring up the lspd menu.

You will need to check out the documentation for Police Radio Codes

/r is Police Radio. It is used for standard police work

/d is Departmental radio. This goes to all law enforcement agencies including FBI. Normally uniform don’t associate with FBI however during joint operations it is useful.

/m is your megaphone. This is used to instruct a driver to pull over or instruct crowds etc. You will find plenty of uses for it. It will send a message to a wide area.

/wanted will display all the wanted people on the server

/mdc is your mobile data computer. This is used for obtaining all your QP’s (query person). It will list all complaints and charges against any person.

/gate opens the garage door for lspd, make sure you close it after

/su will suspect someone of a crime and give them a wanted level. DO NOT USE THIS FOR TRAFFIC OFFENCES. DO NOT RANDOMLY USE THIS. Abuse of this will result in you being fired, kicked and possibly banned.

/ticket will allow you to issue an infringement notice

/detain will throw someone in the back of your car

/arrest will arrest someone when you are at the arrest point at the station

/frisk will search someone for illegal items. (You may only frisk a suspect if you have an RP reason to believe they are in possession, or you are arresting them. Anyone entering the jail cells must be searched, if they don’t consent, they don’t go)

/take will confiscate illegal items. You must be rank 2 or higher. Only /take mats, drugs or weapons if they are being used in jail. DO NOT TAKE LICENSES, THEY CANNOT BE GIVEN BACK. ABUSE OF /take WILL RESULT IN BEING FIRED.

VEHICLE INFORMATION

Patrol Car (Los Santos):
This is what you will be driving mainly, good all around car, reliable, quick, good seating.
Anyone can use

Patrol Car (Las Venturas):
Nicer car
Only officers and above can use, you have to earn this one.

Rancher:
Not very fast but great on rough terrain. Very strong, good ramming vehicle.
Only Officers and above can use

Motorbike:
Very useful in chases, not good for stopping a vehicle, but good for chasing one, excellent support vehicle.
Anyone can use

Mr Splashy:
Only to be used in Riots, not patrolling. Also used for SWAT. CADETS NOT TO DRIVE
Only SWAT officers and above to use

Enforcer:
Only to be used in SWAT situations or to take people to a SWAT training location.
Only SWAT officers and above can use

EAGLE (Police Helicopter)
Used in pursuits, to keep an eye on where the offenders are, and to keep up with them whilst keeping ground units posted. Also used for spotting crime from the sky, or getting to high up places. Very very useful.
Only Officers and above can use.

POLICE RADIO CODES

Please make sure you have read the section on how to set up a PM keybind on vent so you can talk privately on vent to your patrol partners, and talk publicly on the dispatch channel when required.

Job Codes:

1: Incidents

1B = BOMB THREAT
1C = SUSPICIOUS
1D = DOMESTIC / DISORDER (people fighting etc)
1F = ASSIST FIRE OR AMBULANCE
1K = DRUNK / INTOXICATED (note: can be used to describe person)
1M = MENTAL (note: can be used to describe person)
1U = TRAFFIC COMPLAINT
1V = VEHICLE COLLISION
1X = SUICIDE ATTEMPT

Note: Certain jobs, serious jobs do not have a code because they are urgent and can’t afford to be abbreviated.
i.e. Firearms jobs, kidnappings, murders/attempted murder, assault

2: Services

3F = FOOT PATROL (i.e. “im just doing a 3F near LSPD”)
3R = ROAD CHECKPOINT
3T = TRAFFIC STOP (when you pull someone over)
3W = WATCHING / OBSERVATIONS (note: this is also used for cordons
3Z = OTHER PREVENTATIVE TASK (i.e. traffic duty, checkpoints, patrol through areas)

3: Preventative Tasks

4L = TRANSPORT / LOGISTICS (e.g. if you pick someone up from the hospital)
4Q = ENQUIRY / INVESTIGATION(speaking to a witness/complainant)
4S = REFUELING
4X = EXECUTE SEARCH WARRANT (i.e. using /ram)

Job Result Codes

K1 = NO FURTHER POLICE ACTION REQUIRED
K6 = REPORTED (ticket / warning issued, or offender is known and needs to be followed up)
K8 = JOB LEFT FOR PRIME UNIT (i.e. left for FBI)
K9 = ARREST MADE

Status Codes

10-1 = Broadcast to all units (e.g. “10-1 All units be on the lookout for Bob Jones, has stolen my patrol car”)
10-2 = On way to job
10-3 = Available for dispatch
10-4 = Repeat that last message
10-5 = Out of service for short time (i.e. doing paper work at pd)
10-7 = Arrived at scene
10-8 = Busy but available
10-9 = URGENT ASSISTANCE
10-10 = OFFICER DOWN URGENT ASSISTANCE

Misc Abbreviations

Misc abbreviations:

QP (Query person, this is when you use /mdc)
EBA (Excess breath alcohol)
SIT-REP (Situation report)

Note: This is not all of the real police radio codes, this is just a handful that would be able to be used for SARP purposes.

Phoenetic Alphabet

A = ALPHA
B = BRAVO
C = CHARLIE
D = DELTA
E = ECHO
F = FOXTROT
G = GOLF
H = HOTEL
I = INDIA
J = JULIETTE
K = KILO
L = LEEMA
M = MIKE
N = NOVEMBER
O = OSCAR
P = PAPA
Q = QUEBEC
R = ROMEO
S = SIERRA
T = TANGO
U = UNIFORM
V = VICTOR
W = WHISKEY
X = XRAY
Y = YANKEE
Z = ZULU
Call-sign format (this is mainly aimed at vent users)

I EXPECT ALL COPS USING VENT AND THE DISPATCH CHANNEL TO SET UP PM's WITH THEIR PARTNERS

Hey guys I have figured out a way to allow you to talk to people locally on vent using the private message as well as main channel chat. I will use the pd channel as an example

Say the PD is using the Los Santos Police Station channel as a radio dispatch channel, but say we want to talk on vent, but just with the people we are patrolling with.

Say im patrolling with Alex Martinez, we still want to talk to each other privately on vent, but also be able to talk on the main channel (radio dispatch).

How you say???

At the top of the vent screen, it has bindings and then a little -> button next to it.

Click that,

Then under function its got a whole bunch of things you can select, select PTT Advanced.

Then it has a little text looking field, just press whatever button you want to bind to private chat (just as long as its not the same as your main chat bind, i.e. my main one is left alt, my private one is right alt)

Then under transmit style, click user-user (U2U)

Then under user logon names press the [...] button and choose who you want to private chat with. (you can choose multiple people)

Then all you have to do is open up a private chat window with that person and away you go. To change who you private chat with, click [->] button next to bindings at the top, select the key bind and click edit details.

This is especially useful when you are riding with people, or you just want to private chat with people and keep the main channel for something else.
Back to top Go down

LSPD Handbook [Read before Apply]
Page 1 of 1